Corporate Financial Management for the General Manager (Virtual)
In a day when many organizations place a high value on financial performance, it’s important for all managers to have the tools to understand their roles in contributing to the bottom line. This two-day course helps managers view their actions through a lens of profitability.
Those who attend will learn the how to build bridges from their day-to-day activities to the organization’s financial goals. They’ll begin to look at their companies, and their departments, as a financial analyst would.
Who Should Attend:
- All managers, human resource executives and military members
The course is designed to help participants learn:
- Financial accounting basics
- Financial statement analysis
- Tools for understanding budgets and costs structures in order to make sound financial decisions –
- These may include spreadsheet models for optimizing labor costs, budgeting, human resources management, inventory/production management, etc.
- Participant company analysis:
- Identify and rank the biggest cost (waste, inefficiency) concerns
- Relate these concerns to the overall corporate finance goals
- The OKR framework (objectives and key results)
- Participants develop KRs for their roles in their organizations
- Participants develop action plans that include relevant tools from the program